Monday, December 7, 2015

#aSAVIORisborn

WARNING: This email contains tons of pictures!

 It's Finally December!!

What a week! Okay my companion was sick in the beginning but we got ourselves together and we were off to the races (kinda). We had a slow week and then it got better. Most of you know how much I love this time of year :) and everyone says Christmas as a missionary is super special and I am beginning to realize why! With the new Christmas Message for the season, we have been sharing the message with everyone we've come in contact with including the hashtag in my subject line and the beautiful message of the video, we also have pass along cards. This week we had a Christmas party in Payette 1st Ward and we had the video playing throughout the night and people got to fill out a paper that asked them to describe why Christ being born has changed the world! The kids loved it and were at the tables the whole time :) Santa even came to visit but we didn't get a picture with him this week!

We also stopped by one of our investigators house one night to check on her since she had had such a rough week. We ended up helping her decorating  her Christmas Tree with her and listening to Christmas Music. We also showed her the new Christmas Video and talked about the beauty of Christ birth and because of Christmas we have the atonement of Jesus Christ. We had a few people we visited this week who have had some sore trials and sharing the message of the peace and joy that comes from the Savior seems to softened the hearts of people no matter what circumstance. It truly is special being a missionary during this time of year! We ended the week with watching the Christmas Devotional which was so good! We also had breakfast for dinner with a member in the ward before we watched it. I love the message L. Whitney Clayton gave on "Fear Not" The Angels message to the Shepard's is the message to the world. Because of the light and life of the Savior we have hope in the world of turmoil. It reminded me of Lehi and his vision of the tree of life in 1 Nephi Chapter 8. It talks about the darkness in verse 23 and how the people held to the rod. As i thought about this I realized that that message is applicable in our day even more. It time for us as believers in God, Jesus Christ and their gospel to "tighten our grip" to the iron rod. Let us be faithful in all we do as believers in the hope, peace, and joy the gospel brings. And "heed not" as Nephi says to the distractions from the world. 

This week we also played basketball with a potential investigator who is a freshman at Payette High School. Her dad is a less active and I was showing her some post moves and drills that could help her. I can say... I've still got it everyone!! I was pretty proud! haha Although I was a little tired.. So that was fun part of the week as well!

I'm so grateful for this time of year and the courage to believe that begins to grow in the hearts of people! I grateful for the message of the Savior and the love that he has for each and everyone of his children. I can testify of that with everything I have! I hope you all have a great week. And invite you to share the message of #aSAVIORisborn with all you know!

Much Love,

Sister Cleveland


www.mormon.org/christmas
















No comments:

Post a Comment