Monday, February 1, 2016

Surprise

Hey Everyone :)

I honestly don't know where to begin with this week, it was super busy and went by somewhat fast its hard to keep up at times. We actually had a rough couple days with our investigators they were all going through some tough times. We had a baptism lined up for the week and we ended up having to push it back for two weeks :( I was so sad, and struggled to know what to say. I prayed 10x the amount I usually do this week, but it was super evident how much the lord loves his children and how he desire for them to be truly happy. As we make changes in our lives we experience some road bumps but we will always have a path to follow. We have been teaching a lot about repentance and trusting in heavenly father. We also have set some baptism dates for this month and are excited for all of our investigators.

Our Purpose as missionaries has been on my mind all week, we eat sleep and breathe our purpose. Which "is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, and receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end" It is such a blessing to be a part of the many lives of the people we are teaching that we have been blessed to grow with them as they make those changes in their lives to reach the fullness of happiness our heavenly father wants for us! I have had so many moments this week where I thought about all the prayers that are offer on our behalf. We are so grateful for the love and support we receive as we strive to fulfill our purpose in the lords work. This week I finished the book of Alma (which I was sad about) and started Helaman! The war chapters in Alma are awesome and one of my favorite places to read! I was reading in Helaman chapter 3 verse 35. What a tremendous example of what we can all me! Because of the desire in their hearts to know, trust and be obedient to God they were sanctified and purified! Faith in Christ is about action and power. As we act by praying, fasting, being obedient to heavenly fathers commandments, we tap into that power that gives us strength to face challenges that may come our way!

A big surprise came this week when our mission President Called us on Friday and asked to speak to me. He extended the call to be a TRAINER this next transfer so I will be training a new missionary for 13 weeks. Which means I will be staying in Caldwell until May! Hard to believe and I was quite surprise but I'm grateful for this opportunity to grow and to learn :) And im definitely excited to stay in my area!

Also funny story.. this week I had a dream that someone asked me to pray and I was so tired and just wanted to lay down while i prayed  but i knew I need to sit up so I sat up and prayed out loud. I said the pray looked at the clock It was 4:49 in the morning and went back to bed. That's when you know your a missionary. The next morning  my comp asked  if I had prayed in the middle of the night I didn't think anyone heard me haha That's when you know your a missionary :)

Hope everyone is doing well :) Much Love :)

All My Love,
Sister Cleveland


Pictures:
1. Nina Rose and I at her house one night
2. Kalua'u and I with Nina
3. Our District
4. Our investigator Tom who I love teaching :)
5. The Elders and I left standing in Caldwell!

6. Last District Picture :)
7. My trio companionship!




















No comments:

Post a Comment