Monday, February 29, 2016

Gratitude in All Things

Hey Everyone :)

Hope you all had a great week I know I did! So many things that have been keeping us busy which is awesome! This week I feel like the theme was gratitude, it made me think of President  Utchdorf talk about being grateful in all circumstances of our lives. I was so impressed by the faith of the members and people that we come in contact with each day. and grateful for the evidence of the lords love for his missionaries as I had my own tender experiences this week! I'll share a few:

One came in a text message from our Relief Society president who thanked us for visiting a sister in the ward who hadn't been in a while and no one was quite sure who this sister was and why she had gone unnoticed. We were able to visit with her and she expressed her desire to come back and have home and visiting teachers come and see her.

Second, was an experience with a potential investigator who told us she has no interest in being Mormon. She can't give up her coffee and wants to keep getting her tattoos.  One night we asked if she wanted to come to our sports night (where the missionaries bring investigators and play soccer, basketball,and volleyball) she cancelled on us and said she couldn't come. We decided to stop by on our way anyway and she decided that she needed to come because she was feeling super down. We went to sports night had a great time and she left with a smile and a desire to come back.

Thirdly, was the conversation I had with a convert who comes to our YSA ward. His name is Philippe, he is from Mexico and speaks broken English. In the best English he could muster he confided in me "Being away from home I feel alone, but I know I need to learn English and be here right now. when I got to church or come here (sports night) see you and some of the other missionaries I feel happy" We talked for a while and my heart was full of gratitude for that conversation. How grateful i am to invite others to come into Christ. I'm grateful that Philippe felt the love the lord had for home through the gospel and the missionaries as we do our best to faithfully represent the Savior. 

Lastly, I'm grateful this week to have followed a prompting to visit a LA sister who has not been to church in soo long. She opened the door in her capris, red shoes bright and cheerful. Later she would say she got the call that morning that her Brother had passed away of cancer. she said "you know its coming, but your never prepared for it. But I'm grateful for the gospel and that I know where he is and the plan Heavenly Father has for his children." 

It was in the lives of these people this week that the calling of a missionary touched my heart as we prayed to be put in the paths of those who may have felt, lost, alone or abandoned. The lord answers our prayers and hears our cries and he will never forsake us. He will always send someone to our aid. Each day I'm grateful a loving heavenly father trusts me and my companion to answer the call and tend to this part of his vineyard.  

Have an awesome week everyone!  Love you all!

All My Love,

Sister Cleveland

No comments:

Post a Comment