Monday, December 19, 2016

Because of Him "All is Well" // 15 months

Hey Everyone :)

Merry Christmas Week! It really is the most wonderful time of the year. As my title suggest I hit my 15 month mark this last week and it was weird note the expression on my face in the photo below. This week was exhausting to say the least we spent a lot of time on the road, Tuesday we were asked to come down to Nampa and so I spent lots of time helping the office staff and saw some of my favorite people again. Of course we had to make a mess in the mission office putting up the Christmas tree but it was so fun to see them again. By the time we were ready to leave we couldn't drive back to McCall so we had dinner with President and Sister Sorensen teriyaki bowls yumm :) just casually having family dinner with your mission president. After dinner we sat and chatted for awhile and then I went to spend the night with one of my favorite people out here Sister Sorenson and her companion. We had a blast. It was tough being so close to my old area. I just wanted to see everyone :( the next morning it was snowing and we needed to beat the snow back to McCall, so we got on the road and I bought myself the best Christmas gift I could have asked for Chic Fil A.. I was soo thrilled to have lunch and my Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake as you can tell by my facial expression ignore how scary I look. Living  on the roads for forever does that to you. WE got back to McCall and the next day we went on exchanges. I stayed in McCall with my one of my old companions Sister Abello. It was fantastic we went to the Pancake House and split the famous cinnamon roll, and enjoyed talking about our experiences, we were able to clean up the area book and it was like being companions again I loved it. We were out contacted and one point we were in the snow and she fell over and then I just plopped down but when its 10 below you can't even feel the cold anymore so we just sat in the snow while people drove by and starred at us. we love it. sometimes being a missionary makes you crazy. We talked tons about the miracles of our missions the lessons we've learned, and the testimonies that have blossomed. We are a transfer apart so she goes home next transfer.. :( tons of reflecting moments throughout the day. Also we were contacting and a nine month pregnant lady yelled at us for coming over.. it was funny. Clearly pregnancy can make you crazy too. 

The next day we headed down to Weiser when we got a text that mission vehicles were not allowed to be driven at all that day because of a storm working its way across the valley. We were already down the canyon when we got the text so we just changed our trip to Middleton and we went to go wait it out with our companions. We got there and started to go stir crazy after hour 2 so Sister Abello and I went to brace this "storm" it was literally freezing out the wind was whipping so hard but we were determined that heavenly father would lead us to someone who needed his love that day. We walked and tried contacting which resulted in people not being home and doors slammed in our face but I believed no matter the lack of success that maybe someone saw us and their faith increased that day. As we walked we expressed appreciation for the pioneers who left blood stains in the snow from walking  miles and miles to find a promised land were they could build Zion. It is there footprints we admire and strive to add ours too that we stand with them with the vigor and frivolity that they had, we the assurance that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true, that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has the keys and tools to happy and successful families that will be prepared to return back to our heavenly father presence one day. How grateful I am for those pioneers who admits the hardest trials sang " Gird up your loins, fresh courage take Our God will never us forsake; And soon we'll have this tale to tell All is well! All is well!" Let us take courage this week and always because of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ "All is Well" Merry Christmas Everyone :)

All my Love, 


Sister Cleveland















No comments:

Post a Comment