Monday, August 1, 2016

The Temple and Atonement

Hello everyone :)

This week my companion and I were able to go to the temple with a woman we had been working with and visiting who was previously less active. She went to receive her endowment and it was an awesome experience to be with her and her family. I love the temple and as we chose to go to the temple the spirit bears witness of the divine plan of our Heavenly Father. I love the temple and the amazing peace we feel there its truly is a house of learning.

This week I have been reflecting on the atonement and what it means to me. Who the Savior is to me.. As I was do this I was reading in the August Ensign (church magazine) There is an article on the Savior "Behold this Man" L. Whitney Clayton talks about the perfect peace and composure the Savior had in that moment the people he had suffered for in the garden of Gethsemane shouted "Crucify Him”. It is for me the highest form of charity after he was beaten, scorned, rejected he "suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent; Which suffering caused [him] even God, the greatest of all to tremble because of pain and to bleed at every pore and to suffer both body and spirit and would that [he] might not drink the bitter cup and shrink; Nevertheless, glory be in the Father and [he] partook and finished [his] preparations unto the children of men. (D&C 19:16,18-19)

 I testify that you if you have to stagger, crawl, if it takes you longer then you think to get to the savior, get on the path today! His promise is that he will give you rest. As the savior staggered to the cross of Calvary I'm sure yours and my faces ran through his mind this was the final act for you and I. I cannot stand in front my heavenly parents and say that his atonement was not good enough, to be whipped, mocked and scorned IS enough… He knew it was enough. As we come to know our Savior our appreciation for what he has done and continues to do will increase. Our understanding of why we use the cleansing and enabling power of his atonement will cause us to use the power within in our own personal weaknesses and trials. I invite  you to allow the  atonement to lift you souls  come to know the savior more so this week I know in him you will find rest and peace. The atonement is a now opportunity take courage in the words of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland who said “The lord gives credit for trying!”  I hope you all had a great week.


xo Sister Cleveland


P.S. And in case you were wondering about the next ensign cover I have I here for you first :) mini photoshoot by one of our ward members! 








No comments:

Post a Comment