Monday, August 8, 2016

"Im Calling The Cops!"

Hey Everyone :)

Its another week here in Idaho. This week actually wasn't too bad heat wise. We had about three cool days one of which was overcast all day it was awesome. On Tuesday we had a really great MLC it was the first one with President Sorensen and the missionaries who were reassigned to Nampa from Boise it was super spiritual and we were able to set goals for the upcoming transfer and the mission. We talked about the atonement and teaching that to our investigators and the missionaries. President used some verses from Numbers 21 to teach the importance of looking to the Savior and finding life through him. My companion and I did something different this week we go on a book of Mormon find for about two hours. We tract around a street we pray about and teach people about the book of Mormon or ask what they know about it. We were able to give away some Books of Mormon and contact some potential investigators. It was good.

Aleena and Jorge who Sister Zitting and I found on the tracting blitz are doing good. The last time we taught them we taught about the godhead, and some of the plan of salvation.  We had an appointment this week but her husband came home late from work so it didn't work out. But were planning on seeing them this week. On Thursday we went to our dinner appointment. There is a sister in the ward who serves in the temple with my institute teachers from SVU. So we went to dinner and low and behold there are my institute teachers hiding! It was a fun surprise! cool for me to be with them as they were on their mission and now they see me as I serve mine. I loved seeing them on campus and going to their class they have been wonderful examples to me. They were also  in my ward and Brother Anderson taught my temple prep class.  Loved learning from them, we  spent some time catching up over dinner. On Friday we had a zone meeting and zone leaders asked my companion and I to give a training on Key Indicators which we actually did a training on last transfer but we made it work. I had studied about it and that morning and previous night nothing was sticking out to me. My companion had already prepared what she wanted to talk about and I had nothing. I left the house praying about it and when we sitting in the meeting listening to the DL's train all of these things just came to my mind. I love doings trainings because I learn so much through the spirit and always want to share it. We talked about how the lord tells Joseph and others "behold the field is white already to harvest" we talked about how our areas are ready to harvest the lord told the missionaries then that and he tells us that now. The difference over time is not the field but the laborers. "lo he that thrusteth in his sickle with his might" That's the difference between a missionary who reaps a plentiful harvest and one who does not. The DL who went previous to us talked about change, sometimes we need to reevaluate how we go about doing something, and being very specific on how we are going to be better to reap in the harvest. So it was cool to see how all the trainings connect and we can apply them in our areas.

We had some funny moments this week with people the one sticks out.
- Someone texted us "I'm calling the cops on you" we didn't recognize the number and asked who it was.. the girl come to find out said her boyfriend thinks were harassing him and to stop contacting them. It was so ridiculous you had to laugh the girl is like 16. Her boyfriend was someone the elders tracted into on a tracting blitz who had gone to church in Boise we were following up with.

 Well hope everyone had a great week check in with you next week :)


Sister Cleveland




No comments:

Post a Comment