Monday, September 5, 2016

Transfer Week

Hey Everyone :)

It transfer week and I will be in my area for another 6 weeks. I'm excited for the changes and miracles that will happen this transfer. I did get a new companion Sister Hickmott and I'm excited to serve with her. We both became trainers together we were the only sisters training at the time so we talked often swapping ideas so it will be cool to be companions. It's already September and that's super hard to believe where is the year going? With the transfer brings familiar faces and the trio is going to be in Nampa together for the next six weeks. I'm so excited to have my MTC sisters back with me especially as we hit our year mark :) It's going to be a great transfer.

This week we've focused on teaching when we find, and find when we teach. We have so many potential investigators and the struggle in most of my areas is getting them from the potential bracket to the investigator bracket. So  many of our potentials that we've found tracting, they know what we do is important and think its great just not for them. But they feel enticed by the spirit and they want to know what it is but the change I think is what scares people we work with the most. The commitment, the change they know they are going to have to change everything. One person we tracted named Eric we asked him "If you found  out the Book of Mormon is true what would that mean?" He said "It would change everything" and it does and that the parts that scares people. But, I'm hoping this transfer to really push these potential and investigators (with the spirit of course!) to see why the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is for them and help build their confidence that they can do it.

We had some fun exchanges this week and I was in Marsing with Sister Bertalino we were in the labor camps contacting and these 3 little girls followed us around the whole time and wanted to sit in on the lessons we taught people. They gave hugs, chased down the ice cream man for us, took silly pictures and videos on our cameras. It was one of those tender moments. As we were out there we realized that at some point in there lives they will have the gospel introduced to them again and there will remain the message we shared and the spirit they felt. They will recognize those black name tags and they will be ready. Another fun thing we did in Marsing was playing one on one in my skirt with no shoes against this two boys they took turns against me and boy has is been a while.. I still won.. But it was fun the people from the labor camps looked out the window and we were able to share a message with them about prayer.

When we switched back from exchanges Sister Olson wanted to show me a "video" someone showed her on Mormon Channel. So the members we live with pulled it up and  I looked and low and behold our picture is on Mormon Channel Facebook it was crazy people in our wards were texting us.. they kept telling us we were famous.. it was pretty cool to see that especially for Sister Hansen who took the picture she was in shock. We love her and are happy she got to see her work on Mormon Channel.

Anway its been a good week looking forward to a new transfer, new companion new adventures, and lots of miracles. Have a great week everyone :)


Sister Cleveland









No comments:

Post a Comment