Monday, November 28, 2016

Goodbye, Nampa l love ya!!

Hey everyone :)

The news is true I have left the wonderful land of Nampa and am heading to McCall, ID for the next 6 weeks! leaving Nampa was super hard, and our area is getting a set of brand new missionaries who know nothing about the area so I had to leave tons of notes and extra extras but i know they will do great in this area, I love the people in Nampa the last 7 months have been so good to me here, I've seen so many miracles and lives changed I'm so grateful for my time there. As I was pulling out today it was so bittersweet and I shed some tears. This has been a huge blessing and I know that McCall will bring more blessings and miracles.

This week was so good! It was kind of crazy hopefully I touch on everything. This week I had a reunion with my Payette family the Youngbergs and Jordyn. It was so good to see them I sure loved my time in Payette and am so grateful for the good care they took of us and that we can still stay in connect and have these awesome lunch dates. I loved being with them. :) Thanksgiving came super quick and my companion and I got up to do a little turkey trot we just really walked the greenbelt and didn't run at all..haha We had thanksgiving lunch at the Beals house who we love and it was good food & good company and just smelling the food made me want to nap. We had some good conversations I helped Sister Beal Christmas shop for her kids, online she looked it up and ask my opinion I told her what I thought, she was Mrs. Claus and I was Head-Elf :) We headed over to the Asay's for Thanksgiving dinner it was great, I love that family they are all so funny and we had a blast as always. We ended the night going to play another round of zombie wars with our zone using nerf guns it was a fun way to spend the night. Friday we got back to work and did some work around our area.

We got transfer calls Saturday morning which told me I was heading to McCall and with both my companion and I leaving we had a ton of packing and cleaning to do, lots of area work, saying goodbyes and prepping for the new sisters. The crazy thing is we had a baptism that same day! We were on our way to dinner and our investigator called us and said she was feeling too sick to get baptized, she had a headache and wasn't feeling well. Sick to her stomach. So we canceled dinner fliped around drove to her house, I asked her if she would consider having a blessing which she previously said she didn't think she needed one but finally agreed to. Thank goodness for all my mom taught me and I learned at college. We ran to the store grabbed her Gatorade, crackers and a banana and some ginger ale to get her hydrated and something light in her system. She got up showered agreed she could go to her baptism, she was dressed got a blessing and then her car wouldn't start :( she called her friend who was able to pick her up to go to her baptism. We left and went to the church and as we were printing the programs the printer jammed and wouldn't work. Which meant we had to leave to go to our church building which was about 6 mins away and it was 6:40 at the point. I got there as fast as we could, printed programs came back just in time to take pictures and get Christina and Alexis baptized. It was a got baptismal program and even sweeter to see them confirmed the next day in church. I know that they will be well taken care of by this ward and that they will be cared for.

I'm looking forward to my time in McCall it'll be awesome and a white Christmas sounds divine.

I hope you all had wonderful thanksgiving and check out the #LighttheWorld intivative on christmas.mormon.org


All My Love,


Sister Cleveland









No comments:

Post a Comment