Monday, February 20, 2017

"Pretty Sure you Sisters are going to Heaven"

Hey everyone :)

Can I just say how much I love the wards were serving in they are pretty fantastic!
Well we got transfer calls this weekend and  my last transfer has begun and Sister Kelly and I will be staying in Meridian for the next six weeks. We love this area and the people and are so excited to be staying and continue working with the members and our investigators here. And the last days of walking are in sight because we are getting a CAR...

In other news..

This week we got a new investigator!! She is 10 her mom is a member but  is coming out of in activity and he daughter just never got baptized and her mom doesn't really want to push her to be baptize to really wants to make it her choice so we are teaching her the lessons and trying to make in fun and interactive for her so she feels that desire to be baptized and its been awesome because her mom was participating in the lesson and was super helpful. We also had dinner with a family this week who told us they have a investigator for us!! Some of our favorite words.. we are going to start teaching her tomorrow. So exciting. We are still working with our investigator Heather it was actually quite an interesting lesson.. We taught the plan of salvation even sung families can be together forever taught about temples and families.. good lessons closed it and left. But after it just felt like something was missing.. I asked my companion what she thought she thought the lesson went good.. but I just felt like something was missing. Our investigators' fellow shipper called us the next day and talked to us about how instead of teaching Heather just for knowledge to teach her as a real investigator.. previous to this she had said Heather doesn't want to be converted just wants to learn more  about the religion since she is dating a member.. but it was hard to build our lessons because we were just teaching about things letting the spirit testify but we were inviting her to do anything.. As I was thinking about this situation. It was just so evident to me that it is in the doing that investigators are taught and testified to..  I've seen it my whole mission when we invite people to act then they can change. Without giving them commitments  they truly can not build a testimony or repent. The member who had us over for the lessons told us this story about how she came to understand that she shouldn't be afraid to invite Heather to act but that she should be bold and that she realized that importance of inviting people to accept the true gospel in their lives. So she told us we have free rein so we can teach her how we would a real investigator. I have a quote on my planner that I saw everyday this transfer it says "If we truly understood the Atonement and the eternal value of each soul, we would seek out the wayward boy and girl and every other wayward child of God. We would help them to know of the love Christ has for them. We would do all that we can to help prepare them to receive the saving ordinances of the gospel."I love that quote and thought about it often.. I know the love Christ has for me, I have felt the redeeming and enabling power of the atonement in my life so when we were walking down the street to appts, or if we were out contacting it has been so easy to just express that to people. 


This week we were able to go to a baptism in Nampa for Brayden!! I taught him about 12 weeks ago.. Its so hard to believe. He was so happy I loved it. And he gave me a hug when he saw me ;) shhh don't tell he's nine! I love going to baptisms I love seeing the people that I teach enter the waters of baptism because they know how much the gospel can bring them happiness and if they truly live it and believe in it they will never have to walk alone because the Savior of the World loves them and know how to succor them as it says in Alma 7:11-12. As Brayden got baptized I just sent and felt the spirit soo strongly. The lord loves all his children and he has blessed us with a plan of happiness and we can enter his fold by being baptized. When we repent, change, and make covenants with him, it means everything to him because it is part of his plan of happiness which we shouted for joy for in the pre-earth life. 

It was a good week :) Also the title is something the second counselor in one of our bishoprics told us.. again we love our wards :)


All My Love,


Sister Cleveland






No comments:

Post a Comment