Monday, March 6, 2017

Ask God

Hey everyone!

It's been a busy week for us! Things in the area are picking up and we are looking forward to the blessings that will come to this area. We spent the beginning of the week in Caldwell and Nampa, going to meetings. We were running around like crazy but its been a terrific week. We were able to meet with Heather again and we have found a common theme as we have been teaching and ministering in this area, the importance of following the example of Joseph Smith and asking of God. 

My testimony of this is overflowing, it has been something we have encouraged everyone we meet to reflect on. Joseph Smith shares his account at the beginning of the Book of Mormon. We learn the process of taking our questions and receiving answers. First Joseph pondered his question,, and Second, he worked; he searched the scriptures which led him to James 1:5

 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

He says he "Never did any passage of scripture come with more power to the heart of man than this did at this time to mine. It seemed to enter with great force into every feeling of my heart. I reflected on it again and again, knowing that if any person needed wisdom from God, I did; for how to act I did not know, and unless I could get more wisdom than I then had, I would never know;" I love Joseph's response it wasn't enough just to read he reflected on it again and again, when we study it out in our mind as taught in Doctrine and Covenants Section 9 verse 5: 

" But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right."

Joseph knew that if would not ask, [he] would never know""so he prayed.. he acted and that is always what we must do next. We must act and trust that god will give us knowledge and direction. When we take our questions and concerns to our father in heaven we show our trust and love for him. I don't know why we would want to turn to the easy answers of search engines rather than turn to a trusted father who created a plan of happiness. There is power is asking the father who gave us life, may we should not forget account Joseph gave of the adversary :

"After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction."

This well happen the adversary will come and he will try to make you feel there are no answers to your questions, or make you feel because you have questions it must mean that you have doubts, that the process of turning to god is not worth the work. But we look at the example of millions of members around the world who have done this, look to the example of Joseph Smith, but don't think that the process is just one and done. We must continue to work and ask of god we can take our questions to our loving father in heaven. 

As we have taught Heather this week we felt  like we taught the lesson and it was good and we had the spirit but we leave and it just feels good. And as we were sitting and pondering over what mistakes we may have made or whether we felt we answered he questions we have been taught one final step.. the person asking the question, or seeking answers must let the spirit in we must let the answers that come from god and our prayers into our heart the spirit can testify but if we don't let it in. We may never receive the answers that we seek. God wants to answer our prayers and if we open our hearts we will receive his love and his guidance. 


Hope everyone has a great week :) and I'd invite you to Ask of God 

All My Love,


Sister Cleveland





No comments:

Post a Comment